Monday, April 2, 2012

Zucchini Pasta and Ham Salad



Made this today for lunch.  Another salad with "zucchini pasta" that is so easy to make with a spiral slicer.  I love this kitchen gadget. 


But if you don't have one you can easily make your own zucchini pasta by using a vegetable peeler
 such as this one.  Just make slices of the zucchini and if you want them thinner, use a pizza cutter when you're done to make them as wide or thin as you want.  Zucchini makes such good pasta because it has the consistency of an al dente cooked pasta, and the taste is so similar as well.

So here's the recipe for my lunch today:

Zucchini Pasta and Ham Salad

1 cup zucchini "pasta" (for me that was about 1/2 of a medium small zucchini)
1 oz. deli ham cut up
1 mozzarella cheese stick, cut into small cubes
2 slices dill sandwich sliced pickles (Claussen), chopped
1 tsp. Real bacon bits
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Garlic flavored red wine vinegar
1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Salt and pepper

On dinner plate combine zucchini pasta, ham pieces, mozzarella cubes, pickles and bacon bits.  Toss together.  Drizzle over this, olive oil, and sprinkle with red wine vinegar.  Sprinkle parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder and salt and pepper over all and toss again.

1 serving
288 calories, 6 g. carbs total (I did not subtract fiber)

4 comments:

  1. I have the same spiral slicer. I hardly ever use mine. I should change that. :) Fancy making a pasta salad out of the zucchini. I would never have thought of something like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't used mine for a while and thought it's about time I get it out again!

      Delete
  2. I made one of your bread recipes and put it on my blog today. I change it a little bit but made note of what I did. It was good. I will make again. Thanks for all you do. I can be found here: http://lifethroughbifocals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LynnMarie, thanks for stopping by! and for sharing what you did with my recipe. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I love the idea of the muffin size buns you made with it. :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...