Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Vegetable Meatza Pie

I have a lot of Marinated Asparagus and Vegetable Salad left over from Easter Sunday night!  I made a lot and only 2 people in the family can eat it.

My husband's on a "soft-serve" or "baby food only" diet for a while after surgery on his esophagus, and my youngest son won't eat vegetables.  Still working on him on that one.  So that left me and Jesse, my #2 son.  #1 and wife couldn't make it.  We could only eat so much! So what to do with leftover marinated veggies.  For supper last night I came up with a way to use up a lot of them.

I made a Vegetable Meatza Pie!  It was great!  I might next time bake the meat at a bit less time, because it came out a little over done.  But still good.  I did adjust the baking time in my recipe already.



So this is what we had for supper last night.  It makes 4 servings.  You can double it for a larger family.


I still have some salad left today... enough for dinner tonight... maybe a quiche? I need to try out my new quiche dish.  We really loved the salad.  There's just only so much 2 people can eat at a time.  I made enough for a crowd. If you haven't made the recipe for Marinated Asparagus and Vegetables, of course, and you still want to do this recipe, feel free to just cut up what fresh vegetables you have in your frig that you need to use up, and use those instead.


VEGETABLE MEATZA PIE                    

1 pound  lean ground beef
   onion powder
   garlic powder
   salt and pepper
1/4 cup  Mezzetta Homemade Style Marinara (or your own homemade pizza sauce)
1/2 cup shredded cheese (your favorite)
3 slices  bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup  Marinated Asparagus and Vegetables
1/4 cup  Parmesan cheese, to sprinkle on top

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.  Press ground beef into a round circle in bottom of a quiche dish, or round pizza pan, or cookie sheet.  Sprinkle onion powder, garlic powder and salt and pepper over meat (I didn't measure, just sprinkled it liberally).  Place aluminum foil underneath in case any grease spills over.  Bake 10 to 15 min. or until completely browned. Drain grease.

On top of meat, spread marinara sauce.  Top with shredded cheese.  Sprinkle bacon over cheese, and then marinated vegetables.  Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over all.

Place under broiler and broil until cheese is melted and lightly browned to your liking.

                                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving: 412 Calories; 31g Fat (72.3% calories from fat); 26g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber


2 comments:

  1. Found this on Pinterest and tried it today for a quick lunch using stuff I had on hand. It was amazing! Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...