Friday, September 30, 2011

Yet Another Microwave Bread Variation



Using coconut flour, because of how it absorbs liquid, I can use a lot less of the amount for making this bread, so now I've got another variation I, so far, like best of all.  I guess, actually, this is a whole different recipe, so I could post it as a separate one, but there are so many variations of 1 and 2 minute breads on low carb sites, and I have not checked all of them out, so if there is another one like this, sorry... I don't have time to check the entire low carb community to see if there is or not. So if you have already done this or seen it, I'm really not trying to take credit for someone else's recipe!  I just play around and see what I come up with sometimes.  This is my new favorite, and it's a lot less calories, more close to a regular wheat slice of bread, and very low carb, only 2 effective grams of carbs per slice.

I like the flavor better than almond or flax.  I also like the texture better.  It's lighter in the stomach, and doesn't leave me with a heavy stomach like almond flour sometimes does.  It seems much easier on my digestive system. I was actually having trouble gaining weight with all the almond bread.  Regardless of others' experiences with that, I only know mine... I gain weight with too much almond flour.  So I've cut back on the bread and desserts, even though they were low carb.  But making this variation, I am cutting calories quite a bit.  Yes, I do have to watch calories as well as carbs.  If you don't, be very thankful!  Unfortunately, if I eat lots of good low carb food with lots of calories I gain weight or I don't lose any.  We all have our unique set of problems to tackle.

So here is my latest favorite. Just thought I'd share it with you.

                   
* Exported from MasterCook *

                          Coconut 2 Minute Bread

Recipe By     :Ginny
Serving Size  : 2  
Categories    : Bread

  Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
  1         tablespoon  coconut flour
  2         tablespoons  parmesan cheese
  1/4      teaspoon  baking powder
  1/8      teaspoon  xanthan gum -- (optional, but improves texture)
  1/4      teaspoon  splenda
              couple dashes of salt
  1         teaspoon  extra virgin olive oil
  1         large  egg
  2         tablespoons  kefir -- (or other liquid)

Mix all dry ingredients first, getting out all the lumps.  Make a well in the middle and add the liquid ingredients.  Stir the liquid ingredients in the middle and then gradually stir in the dry until all is mixed well and smooth.

In a square or round container, such as a cereal bowl, or a plastic entree dish, pour half of the batter and rap hard on counter a couple times to get out bubbles.

Microwave on high for about 60 to 65 seconds, depending on your watts.

Plop out onto a paper towel and do the same with the second half of the batter.

You can use this to make a sandwich, or you can toast it.  Use just like bread.

                                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (2 servings per recipe): 99 Calories; 7g Fat (63.5% calories from fat); 6g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...