Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Sorry I have been absent on my blog posts lately.  Dealing with fatigue and just stuff that life brings.  But through all I'm thankful for the Christmas promise!  The promise that God would send His Son to come and bring salvation, and to those who receive that salvation that He would come again for them!  In my own life, that promise has gotten me through much and I always find joy this time of year in the hope it gives.

No new recipes to share today. But I want to share our new member of the family with you. We went to celebrate Christmas with my family in Wisconsin last weekend and brought home a new baby!  He's about 12 weeks old, and his name is Chester, and he's brought a lot of life into our home.  He's a beautiful little tabby.

He discovered the Christmas tree this morning

We lost our two beloved older cats this year, Patches our calico in April, and Goldie our 19 yr. old gold tabby in August.  Our house seemed empty without a cat.  I didn't think we'd get another since with no cats we discovered my husband's asthma also went away.  All those years it was the cats!  But my husband is a true cat lover and neither of us could resist taking Chester home with us last weekend when we saw him and cuddled with him for awhile as he sat on our shoulders purring.  He showed up on my nephew's patio door, meowing to come in and get warm.  They took him in but could not keep him because he did not get along with their cat who was terrorizing him.  Yes, my husband is again having allergy problems but I guess he thinks Chester is worth it.  We'll just have to find a way to deal with it I guess.  


So maybe soon I'll get back to "normal" and start doing some recipes.  Our Christmas dinner was roast beef, mashed potatoes, broccoli salad, green beans and bacon, and a sugar free jello with raspberries.  I made cut out Christmas cookies for all but me, and rather than low carb them I made myself some peanut butter fudge and my mint chocolate chip cookies which hit the spot.  We had a quiet Christmas celebration with our three sons, remembering in our hearts the one who we lost 3 years ago who was not with us.  Life goes on, and His promise brings the reason to go on.  And He blesses us with new things to brighten our days.

I hope you all had a great Christmas and will have a blessed New Year!

Ginny

6 comments:

  1. Aww! He's adorable!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Jesus! And congratulations on your new family member!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a cat lover myself - I find it hard to resist a kitten! Chester is very cute!

    Happy New Year (almost!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tiffany! We can't resist him either! I think he'll be spoiled!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry Anonymous, didn't see your post soon enough but thanks! :) Hope you had a great celebration!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...