Saturday, May 3, 2014

LASAGNA IN A MUG, LC, GF

PIN: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/774124910728006/

I just got back home Thursday, after spending a week visiting my mom and helping out after she had hip replacement surgery.  I was exhausted when I got home, and was really hungry for something good, but also something quick and easy to prepare! I had all the ingredients for this on hand, thankfully, and it took very little time to throw together, microwave, and I was soon relaxing with a very tasty lasagna in a soup mug. I only wish I had thought of it before my trip, so I could have had it as a lunch option while there.  I have a difficult time when away from home, thinking of easy foods that I can either take along, or make easily at someone else's house.

I don't have small kids anymore, but I'm thinking, if you have children, they would love this.  It would be a great kid's meal.  I only have big kids now... adult kids that is, but this is great for any age.  I am thinking it will be a lunch I'll make for myself often.

I made a quick video for you so you can see how I put it all together.



                   

LASAGNA IN A MUG


1 tablespoon  Classico Pizza Sauce
1/4 cup  ricotta cheese
2 tablespoons  Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon  garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon  onion powder
1/4 teaspoon  oregano
1/8 teaspoon  salt
2 tablespoons  mozzarella cheese
1 Pork Sausage Patty, precooked, chopped
2 tablespoons  Classico Pizza Sauce
2 tablespoons  mozzarella cheese

Spray 1 soup mug or small bowl with non-stick cooking spray.

Add 1 tbsp pizza sauce and spread on the bottom of your mug.

In small bowl, combine ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, and salt. Mix together well.  Pour into soup mug on top of pizza sauce.

Add 2 tbsp mozzarella cheese on top.

In small bowl, mix pork sausage with 2 tbsp pizza sauce and spread on top of cheese mixture.

Sprinkle 2 tbsp mozzarella on top. Microwave 2 to 2 1/2 minutes on high. Let cool for a couple minutes.


  "© ginnyslowcarbkitchen.blogspot.com"
                                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Makes 1 Serving: 478 Calories; 38g Fat (71.1% calories from fat); 24g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;



23 comments:

  1. what is classico pizza sauce please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the brand name of the Pizza sauce I used, which you can get at Walmart or any grocery store in the pasta sauce section. You can use any pizza sauce or your own homemade as well. Just read the labels for those that don't add sugar.

      Delete
  2. This looks delicious! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO making this! It sounds perfect to throw together at home and heat up in the microwave at work. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the video! So nice to see how it's done! This is fabulous! Making it next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you both enjoy it! I, myself am rather hooked. I made it again today using chopped pepperoni instead of sausage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a terrific idea, I love it!. I'm thinking when I make it, might be nice to assemble another one, too, for the next day, and I could see really enjoying this for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of making some kind of breakfast thing in a mug too after I did this! Yes it would be great to make up another and keep it for the next day. I think I'm hooked on mug meals! :)

      Delete
  7. Where are the 10 g of carbs coming from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pizza sauce 2g
      ricotta 2g
      garlic powder 1g
      sausage patty 1g
      pizza sauce 4g

      Delete
  8. Um, this is AWESOME. I'm sitting here enjoying it after slapping it together in all of about 5 minutes. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing! Glad you are enjoying it! :)

      Delete
  9. I made this with hamburger, and I was in heaven. Thank you so much for a winning recipe. When I was eating carbs, frozen lasagna was my go-to lunch, and this was even better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just made this with a leftover hamburger patty from dinner last night! Yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea to use leftovers! Glad you liked it. :)

      Delete
  11. I made this for dinner last night, using cottage cheese instead of ricotta and with crumbled hot sausage. It was delicious! I didn't miss the noodles at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great Kaylyn! Can't say I missed the noodles either with this!

      Delete
  12. No disrespect intended here, but I noticed you stated you are born again Cristian (as am I)... I was surprised however that apparently you eat pork; I will try this recipe, but will use beef.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you meant no disrespect, you would have not posted your comment.
      https://billygraham.org/answer/does-god-require-us-to-follow-the-old-testament-laws-about-not-eating-pork-and-other-kinds-of-meat-today/

      Delete
  13. Had a pregnancy craving for lasagna - and this was perfect! I didn't have any sausage on hand, but this cup of gooey cheese and sauce had the flavor I was looking for. Thank you for this amazing and simple recipe! I read one of your more recent posts saying you considered taking this blog down - I'm so glad you left it up. Can't wait to try more of your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing that! I'm so glad it hit the spot. :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...