Wednesday, July 24, 2013

ANOTHER MEATLOAF PIE - RED PEPPER AND CAULI-RICE

PIN IT ---> http://pinterest.com/pin/774124909097871/


Oh sorry, I ate half of it before I remembered to take a picture! It was very good. Inspired by a previous meatloaf pie that I did, I decided to use what I had tonight, and I think I like this one even better.  You can choose, or you can come up with your own, depending on what veggies you have available.  This is a very substantial dish, which didn't really need a side dish, but I made some cabbage salad to go with.

MEATLOAF PIE - RED PEPPER AND CAULI-RICE                    

1 pound  lean ground beef
1/2 cup  Parmesan cheese
1 large  egg
1 teaspoon  Season-All Seasoned salt
2 cups  cauliflower, frozen -- made into small slices or rice
1 cup  Mezzetta Roasted Red Bell Pepper Strips -- drained
1/2 cup  fiesta blend shredded cheese
1/2 cup  part skim milk mozzarella cheese -- shredded

In medium bowl, combine ground beef, Parmesan cheese, egg, and seasoned salt.  Mix well. Grease 10-inch pie plate. Spread meat mixture into the bottom.

Spread cauliflower over meat.  Spread Roasted Red Peppers over cauliflower.  Combine the two cheeses and sprinkle over all.  Bake 375, 45 minutes. Carefully pour out any grease.

Makes 4 servings

Copyright:
  "7/24/2013"
                                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving: 471 Calories; 34g Fat (64.5% calories from fat); 33g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...