Thursday, December 1, 2011

Raspberry Delight

This recipe was from my friend, Karen D on the Bernstein forum.  And I'm glad to report that I have my taste buds back, so I am able to truly enjoy every wonderful, delightful bite of this.
  I am using my own variation.  This has been a very popular recipe on the forum. It's also been a hit at our house, and everywhere I've shared it.  I have brought it to Christmas gatherings, and potlucks.  Always gets high raves!  It's perfect for a holiday dish.  It's perfect for any time of the year actually.

I was in a hurry to cut into it, so it hasn't had a chance to chill as long as it should. It should be chilled for a few hours, or overnight is best.  But we cut into it after an hour.  It was a little softer, but yummy!  I actually made mine with kefir cheese today.  I have also made it with quark, which is easily made if you have a yogurt maker, by pouring buttermilk into your yogurt maker and plugging it in and letting it sit for 8 to 24 hours, and then draining the whey out until you have the consistency you want.  Each is similar, but has it's own unique flavor.  Both are great in many dessert recipes where you would use cream cheese, or for dips, spreads, dressings, etc.  Plus you are getting the probiotics which are so good for your digestive system as well as your immune system.


                   

                            RASPBERRY DELIGHT

                        Crust:
1 cup  almond meal
1/2 cup  flax meal, Golden -- (or half nut meal and half flaxmeal)
1/2 cup  Whey Protien, Vanilla, Body Fortress Super Advanced
1/4 cup  melted butter
4 packets  Truvia

                        Filling:
12 ounces  cream cheese
6 packets  Truvia -- (or sweetener to equal 1/4 cup sugar)
1/4 cup  Torani vanilla flavored SF syrup
1 teaspoon  vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon  salt
1 cup  heavy cream
2 tablespoons  torani vanilla flavored SF syrup

                        Topping:
2 packages  sugar-free raspberry-flavored gelatin (small)
2 cups  boiling water
12 ounces  unsweetened frozen raspberries

Crust:  Preheat oven to 300 F.  Mix 9-inch springform pan.  Pat into the bottom of the pan and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.  Cool.

Filling:  In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, Truvia, Torani Syrup, and vanilla, until smooth. Whip cream with 2 tbsp Torani Syrup.  Fold cream cheese mixture into whipped cream.  Spread over crust and refrigerate until topping is ready.

Topping: Dissolve Jello in boiling water; stir in raspberries.  Chill for about 10 to 15 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken.  (I find that it thickens very quickly because the berries  are still frozen when I add them.)  Spread over filling, and refrigerate until set.  Chill several hours or overnight for best results.

Serve with whipped cream if desired (not included)
This is also excellent using my Spicy Cranberry Sauce as a topping for less carbs.
                                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

16 servings (Per Serving): 256 Calories; 21g Fat (74.1% calories from fat); 7g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber

NOTES : 6 g net carbs per serving



8 comments:

  1. I love your site and recipes.... though it would be awesome if when providing per serving nutritional values if you actually told us how many servings there were. :)

    I can assure you, my idea of a serving is very different then my wife's!

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ginny, that looks so good I am going to make it with kefir cheese if I can. thank's to you we are having kefir shakes every morning, my daughter has a few problems with her gut and hopes the kefir will help to put right.Thank you so much for telling us about it. I have also got my two workmates started on it, one has just had surgery and the other celiac, so it will help them greatly. Have a wonderful christmas, as the say from our part of the world, Aw the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! You're right! I forgot! I'm so sorry. I had it there originally and when I was editing the recipe it got erased. This is for 16 servings. I will edit the recipe and put that on there. Thanks for pointing that out to me! I can go over it and over it and still make mistakes. :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Rona,
    Aw, thanks so much for sharing that! I hope you find it helpful and your workmates too. :) And I hope you also have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Ginny...putting out the APB for low carb cookie recipes to do a round-up on my blog. I got over 90K views last month and want to "share the wealth" so to speak and link back to my fav LC authors. Gluten free preferrably. If you want to be included, email a few links at carketch29 (at) yahoo (dot) com.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Carolyn! :) Will send you some sometime today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi...this looks delicious!! don't know if I'm missing it but I don't see the option to pin it to pinterest on any of your recipes?? i have followed you on pinterest but couldn't find this on there...it takes a lot of time to go searching there for each recipe so would be great if we could pin it from the recipe...thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If you have the "pin it" button from Pinterest you can pin any recipe. But yes that is something I should do is to put that with each recipe. Something for me to work on when I get home from my trip!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...