Thursday, April 28, 2011

Quick Lunch Pizza

When I come home from work around 12:30 p.m. I'm usually worn out from chasing toddlers around a classroom, and really hungry and want my lunch right now!  Unfortunately there are days when I don't prepare ahead for something quick to grab out of the fridge when I get home.  But on those days, this is a pretty quick fix for a lunch pizza, for one serving.  I made this today.  Mine was a Mexican pizza.  You can choose your favorite toppings.  The crust is the part that makes it a snap.  This is a take-off from the easy Cracker/Cereal Mix.

Take 1/4 cup Almond flour (or Almond meal, blanched is best but you don't have to use blanched), 2 TBS. grated Parmesan Cheese, 2 TBS. liquid (I used kefir, but you can use cream, buttermilk, water, or any liquid), add seasonings such as a sprinkle of salt, some onion powder, garlic powder, Italian seasoning (optional).  This is so versatile!  Mix into a stiff ball.  Cover it with saran wrap sprayed with non-stick spray, and spread or roll out with a small rolling pin, or like me, use your can of spray to roll it out.  Peel off the saran wrap and microwave on the parchment paper for 1 min. 40 sec. depending on your microwave.  They are all different so your timing may be different so watch it and test to see if it is done.
Remove from the microwave and spread your toppings.  I spread mine with cream cheese...

And then I topped the cream cheese with some Salsa Verde...


I added to that some Fiesta Blend shredded cheese...


Some left over taco meat...


And some sliced black olives...


Baked it on a piece of aluminum foil sprayed with non-stick spray, in a preheated 400 degree F. oven, for 10 minutes and cut it in 4 pieces.  Very yummy!



I hope you try it and enjoy it!  Have a great day!

7 comments:

  1. this was amazing! i don't use a microwave so i game the dough a few minutes in the oven and then added the toppings. a real life saver! thank you so much
    do you perhaps know how many carbs are in this dough?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's the nutrition info: 222 Calories; 18g Fat (69.1% calories from fat); 11g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber
    According to MasterCook, this is for just the crust.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I love your recipes!. Do you know where I can find a low carb version of pizza rolls recipe?.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! No I have not seen pizza rolls but that sounds like a good challenge. If I find them I will post. :). Or maybe I can make some. We'll see.

      Delete
  4. Will it work with oat flour or a different flour?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might, but since I have not tried it with any others I hesitate to say for sure. You could give it a try and see.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...