Friday, July 9, 2021

PSMF AND CHICKEN AND ZUCCHINI PASTA WITH GRAVY

 



So here I am again.  I'm sort of beginning a trial of the Protein Sparing Modified Fast.  Sort of I say, because I am desperate, I'm needing something to give me a new start and back to doing keto/low carb in a more healthy way, and still learning this, so if you are a pro at it, please be kind.  There are many ways of doing this from all my YouTube viewing and reading and so forth, and I've come up with my own modified view... my own plan, which is what I usually do with any way of eating.

This is not technically a "way of eating" or a lifestyle, however.  It is a quick fix, a jump start, a fast fat loss method, not one you do long term.  I'm not really liking the very low fat part of it, but it's temporary.  I can live with temporary and whatever helps me get back to my norm, and helps me get rid of my newly acquired food addictions. 

If you are not doing PSMF, but low carb or keto you can do this recipe and add more fat too it... like some butter to the gravy which will make it even richer.  

This is not a great recipe creation by any means, it's pretty simple and not much creativity went into it, but I thought I'd share it because we all need some inspiration and ideas now and then for a quick, simple meal.  Quick and simple is what I do these days.  

So here ya go:

                      

* Exported from MasterCook *


                  Chicken with Zucchini Pasta and Gravy


Recipe By     :Ginny

Serving Size  : 1     Preparation Time :0:00

Categories    : below 500 calories              chicken and turkey

                main dish                       PSMF


  Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method

--------  ------------  --------------------------------

  8         ounces  boneless skinless chicken breast -- cut into thin strips

  4         ounces  zucchini -- made into angel hair pasta

  1/2      cup  water

  1/2      teaspoon  chicken base, Better Than Bouillon

   seasonings to taste - whatever you like


Cook chicken breast in non-stick pan sprayed with cooking spray after seasoning as you like.  


As the pan becomes dryer but there are scrapings on the bottom add 1/2 cup water and let the chicken continue cooking.  


Remove chicken, add more water if necessary, scraping up all the goodness in the pan.  Add chicken bouillon, and simmer while whisking until bouillon is dissolved.


Sprinkle xanthan gum over top while continuing to whisk and and simmer.  


Simmer until reduced and thickened.  


Microwave Zucchini pasta for 2 to 3 minutes, until just heated through.  Don't overdo it or it will be too soggy.


Place chicken on top of zucchini and pour gravy over the top.  


                                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 


Per Serving: 270 Calories; 3g Fat (11.8% calories from fat); 54g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;





8 comments:

  1. Hi Ginny, I was thinking about you last week and when I got on my computer the next morning I was very surprised to see an email from you. (your ice cream recipe.) For me I have found the only way to lose weight is to count calories. The low carb did not work for me. I am not saying this is for everyone but what I did was calculate how many calories I needed to maintain my goal weight and then 5 days a week I eat approximately 800 to 900 calories BELOW that number. Then 2 days a week I eat whatever I want to eat and I am losing weight. I have been doing this for 4 months I am thinking another 2 months and I should be able to fit into my goal pants. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maryann! Thanks for dropping by. :) I am at this point doing both... calories and I have to count carbs because I have diabetes. That's the main thing I'm treating. But I'm happy to hear you found what is working for you. We all have to do that. It feels good to get results! I'm hoping to see some again. Over 60, post-menopausal, diabetic... 3 strikes against me. LOL. But I have to keep trying.

      Delete
  2. Boy did you come along just when I needed a 're-start'! Thank you for sharing your story. Many can identify with your diabetes struggles, and I look forward to future recipes and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eileen! It is harder to restart sometimes than it was to start, I'm finding, but I'm taking one day at a time.

      Delete
  3. We miss you posting Ginny, hope that all is well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! I guess, life has taken a lot of turns and I've sort of lost interest in creating recipes... or lost the energy. Besides being caregiver for my husband whose Alzheimer's continues to decline, I recently had a heart attack (mild), so I'm taking a look at my life, diet, and everything, and learning to live with it all by God's grace. Thanks for your concern!!

      Delete
  4. This looks delicious. I hope you post more of your recipes. I made your Oat Fiber Pancakes today and they were great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you liked the pancakes. I still make them now and then. My favorite pancake recipe. My life has taken other turns lately. I barely have energy to cook anymore so unlikely I'll be posting recipes anytime soon, but I hope you will enjoy the ones that are here.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...