Monday, January 7, 2019

EASY PEASY CHOCOLATES - SUGAR AND GLUTEN FREE


It's been a while since I posted here, but I'm still around.  Taking life leisurely these days - in some ways anyway.  Life always has new challenges in different time periods and stages.  But, hey, chocolate is right for all stages and ages!  Especially the senior years, I'd say - The time of life that is probably giving me the most changes and challenges both good and bad, that I've ever faced in life before.  Life is an adventure.  Chocolate is good to take along on any adventure I'd say. 

So Valentine's day is quickly approaching.  A little more than a month away.  Yes, we just got over Christmas and New Year and we're sick of food.  But can one really ever be sick of chocolate?  I've heard there are those people out there who do not like chocolate, but for me that is something that doesn't compute to my taste buds.  So here is the most simple chocolate recipe for those of you, like me, who never ever get enough of it. 

Here is what you will need. Just 4 simple ingredients: Butter, baker's chocolate, confectioner's sweetener, and vanilla, as well as a candy mold or some mold to put them in. If you don't have a candy mold you can use mini muffin tins, or whatever you have. My molds gave me 20 pieces of candy.

This is made in the microwave, so it's very simple.  In a small bowl you just add diced unsalted butter:

Then add the chopped chocolate:
Add the Swerve confectioner's sweetener or another brand of confectioner's sweetener to your liking. It must be one that goes well to sweeten chocolate likely erythritol based. 

You simply stir together and microwave 30 seconds at a time in increments until it is smooth and melted, and then add the vanilla and microwave another 15 seconds.  If it seems too thick it may need more butter.  I didn't measure how much butter I used the first time I threw it together and this time I just used 4 tablespoons. I think it was thinner and nicer consistency the first time so even though I have 4 tbsp. in the recipe because that's what I used, I think next time I would do 5.  You can use coconut oil if you prefer, but I like the flavor and the texture with butter.





                          Easy Peasy Chocolates


Recipe By     :Ginny Larsen
Serving Size  : 20   
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
  4        tablespoons  butter -- diced
  2        ounces  unsweetened baking chocolate  -- cut into small pieces
  1/2     cup  confectioner's Swerve -- (Or other confectioner's sugar free sweetener)
  1        teaspoon  vanilla

In microwaveable bowl, add butter, chocolate, and confectioner's sweetener.  Microwave at 30 second increments at a time stirring in between until melted and smooth. 

Add vanilla, and microwave another 15 seconds, stir and pour into whatever mold you have. You can use a candy mold, or mini muffin cups, or whatever you have.  My mold made 20 pieces, but nutrition will vary according to what size mold you use and how many pieces you come up with.

Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Keep refrigerated. 

                                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving: 36 Calories; 4g Fat (88.0% calories from fat); trace Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber;  24mg Sodium. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...