Saturday, October 14, 2017

PUMPKIN MUFFINS




I love pumpkin, as do most people, especially in the Fall.  These made my kitchen smell amazing as they were baking, and did not disappoint when we tasted them either. The texture came out perfect.  They were just the right moistness and flavor.  I decided to glaze them but you could do a crumble topping (which I am going to try next time), or just dip in butter and sprinkle with granulated sweetener or powdered sweetener.  Feel free to add nuts or homemade craisins or whatever.

Next week is our 42nd wedding anniversary.  We're going to take a trip back to our honeymoon location. Many of you know I shared that my husband has mild cognitive impairment, probable Alzheimer's.  We did find he has the Apoe4 gene that makes him more susceptible genetically.  So far our supplement regimen and mct oil (and lots of prayer) has kept him pretty steady for the last 3 years, so I'm thankful for another anniversary we can enjoy together yet. I'm thinking of some ideas for food that can be taken with on our trip.  This will be one of them.  I may try this in a bundt pan as well, or even a loaf pan for pumpkin bread.  Hmmm, in fact I think it would make a great french toast!


                      


                             Pumpkin Muffins


Recipe By     :Ginny
Serving Size  : 9    
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
1  cup  almond flour - Honeyville
1/3  cup  whey protein isolate, Isopure -- (unflavored)
2  tablespoons  psyllium husk powder
1/2  cup  Pyure sweetener -- (or your choice granulated sweetener)
2  teaspoons  baking powder
1/2  teaspoon  salt
1  teaspoon  cinnamon
1  teaspoon  pumpkin pie spice
1/2  cup  Silk unsweetened almond milk, vanilla
1/2  cup  canned pumpkin
1/4  cup  cocout oil -- melted
2  eggs

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.  In mixing bowl, add almond flour, whey protein isolate, psyllium powder, sweetener, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.  Whisk together to combine.

Make a well in the center and add almond milk, pumpkin, coconut oil, and eggs.

Whisk the wet ingredients in the center until combined and then from the sides, stir in dry ingredients and stir together just until combined. Don't overmix. 

Scoop into greased muffin tins, or I used silicone muffin cups which don't need to be greased.  

Bake 18 to 20 minutes.

Cool and sprinkle with powdered sweetener or ice with your favorite icing*


*Icing idea - mix powdered sweetener, vanilla, and heavy cream to icing consistency. I powder my sweetener in my coffee grinder.

                                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Per Serving: 118 Calories; 8g Fat (54.3% calories from fat); 7g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber

NOTES : I got 9 muffins, filling 3/4 full.  

2g net carbs 




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...