Monday, May 2, 2016

BACON CHEESEBURGER PIE






I love bacon cheeseburgers so why not make it easy and do it all up in a pie plate?  I wasn't quite sure how to go about it.  I thought of the "Impossible Cheeseburger Pie" recipe from Bisquick and thought maybe I'd try to take that and do a low carb version.  Then I thought of my bun recipe and thought why not just make the batter for that and pour it on top?  That's what I ended up doing and I love the way it turned out.  Then the burger part...what do I like on my burgers?  Plus, ya gotta have that smokey grilled flavor right?  So all in all I put it all in a pie and loved the way it turned out and so did my family.  I hope you'll enjoy it as well. The pictures were taken in haste as an after thought, unfortunately when most of the pie was gone already!  So they aren't tops, but you get the idea of what it looks like.


                   















                        BACON CHEESEBURGER PIE

Recipe By     :Ginny Larsen
Serving Size  : 8  

6  strips  Center Cut Bacon, Specially Selected
1  pound  ground beef, Simply Nature, 100% grass fed
1/2  cup  diced onion
1/2  cup  dill pickles -- diced
2  tablespoons  reduced sugar ketchup, Heinz
1  teaspoon  worcestershire sauce
1  teaspoon  apple cider vinegar
1  teaspoon  Wright's liquid smoke
1  cup  Sharp Cheddar, Finely Shredded, Happy Farms
TOPPING
6  tablespoons  Parmesan cheese
3  tablespoons  almond flour - Honeyville
1  tablespoon  psyllium husk powder
1  tablespoon  nutritional Yeast Flakes, NOW brand
3/4  teaspoon  baking powder
3  eggs
3  tablespoons  liquid -- (I use marsala cooking wine, for the flavor and aroma, you can use any liquid of choosing.)

Preheat oven to 400F. Grease 10-inch pie plate or 9 x 9-inch square pan.

In skillet, fry bacon slices, drain, and set aside.

In skillet break up beef and add and onion.  Cook stirring until meat is browned and onion is cooked. Drain fat and stir in pickles.

In small bowl add ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, and liquid smoke.  Stir together and stir into meat.

Pour mixture into pie plate or square pan.  Break up bacon in pieces and sprinkle on top. Sprinkle cheese over the top.

TOPPING: In food processor add Parmesan cheese, almond flour, psyllium husk powder, nutritional yeast flakes, and baking powder. Process for a few seconds to sift together.

Add eggs and liquid and process until smooth. Pour evenly over the pie.  Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned on top.

Copyright:
  "© Ginny Larsen 4/22/2016"
                                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving: 271 Calories; 19g Fat (61.6% calories from fat); 21g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber

Serving Ideas : Wonderful served with just a side salad




2 comments:

  1. Hi, Ginny! This is scrumptious! It's now my go-to meal for unexpected company...ingredients always on hand...so easy and so dang goodie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know! :) I'm so glad you are enjoying it!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...