Friday, November 2, 2012

CHEESY BREAD PIZZA CRUST





Again, this is from the Cheese and Wine Bread recipe which became a Cheesy Loaf of Bread, and now has become Cheesy Bread Pizza Crust.  It's more of a bread-like pizza crust.  Sometimes I like the traditional more bread-like crust and other times I prefer thin and crispy.  This was very tasty for a low carb crust, and closer to a true bread like crust than anything else I've come across for pizza crust so far.  I've just taken my original recipe, and this time used buttermilk rather than wine in the mix, because I don't always want to use wine and others don't always want to use wine, and I wanted to see how it would turn out with the buttermilk.  I was very pleased!  Still had that wonderful yeasty bread smell to it and the texture and all came out very much the same as with the wine.

Just to give you fair warning.  I'm not finished yet with this recipe and where I'll take it!  I have plans for more ideas rolling around in my head with it.

So basically, I just tripled the Cheese and Wine Bread recipe for the pizza crust.  I've also done it doubled making the same size pizza but a much thinner crust.  I like the thicker one better.


CHEESY BREAD PIZZA CRUST

3 large  eggs
3 tablespoons  buttermilk -- (or dry red wine)
1 tablespoon  extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup  Parmesan cheese (I used the canned)
3 tablespoons  almond flour
1 tablespoon  psyllium seed husk powder
1 tablespoon  nutritional yeast flakes (see note below)
3/4 teaspoon  baking powder
2 drops  liquid sucralose -- (OR sweetener equal to 1 tbsp.)--optional but I think it adds to the flavor

Preheat oven to 350F.  Place parchment paper onto 12-inch pizza pan or baking sheet.

In small bowl, combine eggs, buttermilk OR wine, olive oil, Parmesan Cheese, almond flour, psyllium powder, nutritional flakes, baking powder, and liquid sucralose.  With electric mixer, beat until smooth.  Let sit a minute to thicken slightly.

Pour out onto pizza pan OR baking sheet, and spread evenly with spatula until it reaches the edges of the pan. Bake about 15 minutes.  Remove from oven and top with your favorite sauce and pizza toppings and bake longer until cheese is melted.

Cut into 8 slices.

NOTE: For more information about Nutritional yeast, how it is made, and the health benefits - http://www.truthnhealth.com/2011/10/nutritional-yeast-and-its-benefits/

Yield:
  "1 pizza"
                                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

8 Slices/Each slice: 85 Calories; 6g Fat (62.2% calories from fat); 5g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...