Friday, July 6, 2012

CHICKEN IN GARLIC WINE CHEESE SAUCE AND "PASTA"



It's been hot hot hot here and everywhere in the country this summer it seems!  So it's been cold meals, microwave meals, crock-pot meals, although I found even having my crock-pot on raises our thermostat a couple degrees.  Our air conditioner doesn't keep up with this heat and the least bit of heat in the house raises it.  So as much as I really don't like cooking in my microwave, I'm using it a lot lately.  Hey! We're in survival mode here!  

This is a quick easy meal for one, lunch or supper.  I made it up really quick for lunch today with some left over chicken that I needed to finish up.  

CHICKEN IN GARLIC WINE CHEESE SAUCE WITH "PASTA"

1/2 medium zucchini , made into spaghetti in a spiral slicer (if you don't have one   you can make the noodles with a vegetable peeler). (About 1 cup of noodles).
3 to 4 oz. of left over cooked chicken
Garlic Wine Cheese Sauce:
1 slice Bongard cheese slices
1 tbsp cream cheese
1 tbsp almond milk OR cream or coconut milk (I used almond milk)
1 tsp dry wine (I used Marsala)
1/2 tsp minced garlic

Garlic Wine Cheese Sauce: In small bowl, combine cheese slice, cream cheese, almond milk, dry wine, and minced garlic.  Microwave for 20 to 30 seconds.  Stir together.  If it needs more put it in 10 to 20 sec. longer or until melted, thick, and heated through.  Stir well. 

On dinner plate place zucchini pasta, top with chicken, and heat in microwave 20 to 30 seconds, just until chicken is warm.  Pour cheese sauce over all.

1 Serving per recipe: 337 Calories; 20g Fat (52.9% calories from fat); 34g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...