Saturday, March 30, 2013

PRODUCT REVIEW-LC-GLUTEN FREE WHITE BREAD

I'm busy getting ready for our Resurrection Day meal tomorrow. I love this time of year. Spring is in the air (finally), even though there's still some snow that needs to go away.  It's warming up! And this holiday is a special one for our family, celebrating what our Savior has done for us.  So I like to have special food to celebrate a special day.  Bread is always special, and will add to a few other dishes I'm making tomorrow.  I was privileged to be asked to review some products recently from LC Foods. I've browsed their store before and noted that they have some great looking gluten free products that are also low carb.  So it was great to be able to try some of them out.  Today I made the white bread.
I was considering doing buns, but decided just to make a loaf since I have not worked with this mix before. I decided just to make it according to instructions.  I added a few ingredients according to the directions.
Some eggs and egg whites, some carbonated water, sour cream, melted butter, and coconut oil.It just came out of the oven a couple hours ago.
Not bad!
I just cut into it and tried a bite with nothing on it.  It was pretty good.  No it does not taste like wheat bread.  But it has a good flavor and a soft texture.  I ate it with some butter.  I like the flavor.  This will make a good sandwich bread.  I haven't tried toasting it yet, but I'm thinking toast in the morning.
A couple pieces of it are going to be part of a Broccoli Parmesan Augraten casserole I'm making tomorrow. 

I'm planning on trying out the Marshmallow Fluff before the days over, and also the Brownie Mix and hopefully come up with a "Mallow Brownie cup" or something.  Remember Mallow Cups? When I was a kid they were my weakness.  I've wanted to try making them, but was not sure how to do the marshmallow part.  Now I have the marshmallow part! Not sure how I'll do this yet.  We'll see. Stay tuned. I have a few more goodies in the box to try as well. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...