Tuesday, August 21, 2012

HOT DOGS IN A BUN

A quick and great tasting way to have your hot dog and bun cooked together in 10 to 12 minutes.  This is simply my CHEESE AND WINE BREAD recipe with a couple hot dogs cut in half and added.  I used the GT Express again for this.  (I'm really not trying to sell these, and I have no financial gain in them at all!).  I just am  learning to use the thing more and loving it for easy low carb lunches etc.  But I think you can probably do this in the microwave as well.  I just haven't tried it so you're on your own with that experiment.  Or bake them in the oven perhaps in small bowls?  If you try it please report back and let us know how it works.

Hot Dogs In a Bun
I simply preheated my GT Express 101, mixed up the batter for 1 recipe of the bread, cut 2 gluten free, natural hot dogs in two, and in both sides of the GT Express 101, I placed a small amount of the batter, one hot dog half, and covered with the rest of the batter.  Close the lid and cook 10 to 12 minutes.  I think I cooked it for a full 12 this time.  Nutrition info will depend on the hot dogs you use.


I usually just eat my hot dog wrapped in Bongard sliced cheese that has been nuked for 40 seconds and immediately wrapped around the hot dog before it hardens.  That's a great idea too, when you're in a hurry and don't really want a bun.  Most of the time I don't.  But this was great, and just right for me and hit the spot for something a bit more substantial.  Great with a tossed salad!


2 comments:

  1. OK, I've been playing around with this recipe, well, not the recipe but the execution I guess! I don't have the sandwich maker so I tried the waffle iron this morning. Worked great but I put too much in and they spilled out the sides, practice will make perfect. I brought the waffles to work, ran out to Micky D's for a 'shroom & swiss burger, plopped that in between the waffles and viola, LUNCH! It was very good too! I tried it last night in a small casserole dish with sausage and again YUM! (wasn't my mothers toad'n the hole but close enough :) This is a winner in my book! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're finding ways to make it work for you! A reader on my fb page said she baked it in a 350 degree oven for 12 min. and it came out great. If you have a small container to bake it in, that would work also.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...