Thursday, February 2, 2012

Chicken Coconut Flour Pizza Crust

Pizza pizza pizza, we all love pizza!  In my family we do.  We have to have pizza.  For every type of diet I've ever been on in my life, I have always come up with a way to have my pizza.  Life just is not fun without pizza.  I tried another way to have a low carb, gluten free pizza crust that turned out to be pretty good.  I usually made myself a low carb pizza and a regular wheat crust for my family, since they so far have not joined me on my low carb journey.  But when I made this one I made it for all of us, and they loved it.  So it is non-low carb, gluten loving people approved, just so ya know.
unbaked crust

baked crust

finished product
I've made a chicken crusted pizza a couple different ways in the past, but this one was different.  It was made with canned chicken, precooked. Very simple to do if you have a food processor.


CHICKEN COCONUT FLOUR PIZZA CRUST                      

25 ounces  valley Fresh 100% Natural Chicken Breast -- (2 12.5 oz cans)
2  tablespoons  coconut flour
4  large  eggs
2  tablespoons  kefir  (or cream)
1  teaspoon  garlic powder
1  teaspoon  onion powder
1  teaspoon  italian seasoning

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.  Place chicken, coconut flour, eggs, kefir, garlic powder, onion powder, and Italian seasoning in food processor.  Process until well purreed.

Place parchment paper on two 12-inch pizza pans.  Spray with non-stick cooking spray.  Spread half of chicken mixture onto each pan.  This is easiest if you spray a piece of plastic wrap with non-stick spray and place on top and spread with your hands.

Bake for 15 minutes.  Remove from oven and spread toppings of your choice on crust.  Bake for another 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.

Yield:
  "2 pizzas"
                                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

16 Servings/Per Serving: 79 Calories; 3g Fat (35.5% calories from fat); 11g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber;



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...