Saturday, October 23, 2010

Pumpkin Cheesecake--Low Carb, Gluten Free

I made this yesterday morning, in way too much of a hurry!  We were about to go visit my brother and his family, and my dad, and I wanted to bring a good low carb dessert.  This is one of my favorite.  Very rich and creamy.  I usually make it on Thanksgiving so that I have something low carb while others are eating the sugar-laden pies.  I don't feel deprived!!  This is a treat for me.  Unfortunately, because I made it in such a hurry, the appearance is not "professional".  If you don't want your cheesecake to crack on top you should bake it with a pan of water under and turn off the oven letting it cool slowly inside before done.  If it cools slowly, you don't get cracked cheesecake.  But none of us cared about the appearance because the taste was wonderful!  I did just the opposite, being in a hurry.  I took it out of the oven and stuck it in the freezer to quick chill.  I had to make this cheesecake, which I should have made the day before but since I spent the whole morning shopping and was exhausted the rest of the day, I didn't.  So I pay.  I had to make it in the morning and had only a couple hours to let it chill before leaving!  Video was taken with my webcam, which does not come out as clear.  I do intend to remake this video, maybe at Thanksgiving time, when I make this again, the day before, like I am supposed to, and between a better camera, and perhaps... just perhaps, my Windows Movie Maker software actually working and not freezing up on me all the time, just perhaps I'll get a better quality video!  But until then, I thought the recipe was too good not to share...





                    


Pumpkin Cheesecake


Serving Size  : 16  

                        CRUST:

  3/4      cup  flax meal, Golden
  1/2      cup  ground almonds -- can use pecans or walnuts, or any other ground meal
  2         tablespoons  Splenda
  2         packets  Truvia -- (Truvia is all fiber--no usable carbs and does not raise bg for most)
  1/4      cup  coconut oil -- melted

                        FILLING:

  1/2      cup  Splenda
  1/4      cup  Torani Sugar Free caramel syrup -- or vanilla
  2        Tablespoons  Truvia
  1         can  pumpkin -- 15 oz.
  3         egg yolks
  1 1/2    teaspoons  cinnamon
  1/2      teaspoon  nutmeg
  1/2      teaspoon  ground ginger
  1/4      teaspoon  cloves
   1/2     teaspoon  salt

                        CREAM TOGETHER:


  24       ounces  fat free cream cheese -- 3 - 8 oz. containers
  1/3      cup  Splenda
  1         egg
  1         egg yolk
  2         tablespoons  whipping cream
  1         tablespoon  cornstarch -- (adds only a trace of cho. per slice)
  1         teaspoon  vanilla extract
  1/2      teaspoon  lemon extract

Combine crust ingredients.  Mix well.  Press firmly into a 9-inch springform pan. (I used a 10-inch)

In a medium bowl, combine the sweeteners, pumpkin, 3 egg yolks, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and salt and mix well. Set aside

In a large bowl, mix softened cream cheese, sweetener, egg and egg yolk, whipping cream and extracts and beat until well mixed and creamy.  Beat in the pumpkin mixture.

Pour into greased springform pan with crust.

Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 50 to 55 minutes. Let cool on wire rack.



Store in refrigerator.  Chill

Garnish with whipped cream, pecans, and berries if desired.

Source:
  "adapted from http://www.post-gazette.com/food/20001012reillys1c.asp"
                                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving: 162 Calories; 10g Fat (53.0% calories from fat); 9g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...