Monday, July 26, 2010

Keeping cool!

Have sure not felt much like cooking, or baking or anything in this heat and humidity lately!  I'm finding many times a shake is all I want.  Something very cool.

Yesterday I did a milk shake with 1/2 cup of coconut milk (Thai Coconut milk in a can), and 1/2 cup half and half. I added vanilla flavored sugar free DaVinci syrup and about 4 ice cubes in my mini blender and pulsed until the ice was crushed and blended smooth.  It was sooooooooooooooooo good! Hit the spot!  Tasted very ice-creamy and smooth.

Sometimes I'm just making a protein shake.  And I do that with Almond milk and/or coconut milk.

Today I made 1/2 cup heavy cream and 1/2 cup cold strong coffee from espresso beans in my blender with 2 TBS chocolate sugar free DaVinci, and a packet of Truvia.  That was wonderful!

Right now I'm sitting here with my Bengal Spice iced tea with cream in it.  I may eat supper and I may not.  We'll see.  Sure will be glad when this heat goes away!  Wishing I had a swimming pool or something to enjoy being outside on days like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...