Friday, January 17, 2014

ANNOUNCING SOME CHANGES

I first began this blogging journey back in March of 2010, and it's been a challenge, an adventure, and a blessing to me.  I was surprised when people actually started reading it and subscribing to it, as it was only a hobby, which I had no idea so many others would enjoy!  I came across some opportunities through it, ended up writing a cookbook, and meeting some great people out there.

But alas, some changes are happening in my life right now.  First of all, I'm retiring in just 3 more weeks!  My job in Early Childhood Family Education has been a fun job, working with the cutest little people and again, meeting a lot of great people both as co-workers and the families that come to the program!  But for various reasons, I decided this year was the year for me to retire.  I've been tossed back and forth about what turn my life will take now.  I considered making this blog my career. Up to now it's only been a hobby.  I don't make any money from this blog.  I thought about writing more cookbooks.  But I have other things tugging at my heart that I am being drawn to, so after going back and forth and up and down with this for over a year, I've made the decision that the food blogging is not going to be my career, or what I will be putting all my time into.

I will be leaving the blog up for people to enjoy any recipes they like, and I also will probably still post a new one now and then if I happen to have one.  I still cook and eat!  But I won't be regularly active in that.  My facebook page is also still there and will continue to be there for people to get recipes from but I won't be keeping it up regularly either.

I'm excited about new directions I feel God is taking me right now, and not completely sure where the road will lead, but I believe there's a new adventure ahead, and I'm trusting Him to lead me.

I am blessed by all who have stopped by my blog, enjoyed my recipes, and commented.  Happy low-carbing! :)

Ginny

20 comments:

  1. I will surely miss you. I have been a silent lurker for a few years. Your site's the first one I go to when I log on. Thanks for all your hard work developing recipes. They are fantastic! Good luck on your new endeavors. Rose54

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this blog. It has been most enjoyable and helpful.
      God bless your new endeavor.

      Delete
    2. Same here, Ginny. I've only been low-carbing for almost a year, and your blog is one of my favs. Thanks for leaving it up so I, along with others, may benefit from "the fruits from your labor." God bless you in new things to come.

      Delete
  2. I, too, have mostly lurked, but have really enjoyed your wonderful comments and recipes! I am sorry to see you leave, but it seems as though you have put a great deal of thought and prayer into your decision, so who would want to argue with that? I wish you all the best in your future endeavors! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have enjoyed your blogs and recipes! I have saved so many. Thank you for doing this and will miss you! Best of luck wherever God leads you. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck in whatever you pursue. I've enjoyed your recipes for a few years now so I'll look forward to an occasional new one.
    PS: I hope your friend Brenda is doing better. Lost my BFF in Sept...still healing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that! Brenda is healing a little at a time, and her prognosis is very good! She just will need lots and lots of therapy, patience and time. Thank you!

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much everyone, for your kind remarks!! I appreciate all of you who have supported me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ginny, thanks for the update and for sharing so much of your creative self with us on your blog. You are the author of many of my family's favorite recipes, and I will miss you. Many blessings to you as you pursue the next wonderful chapter in your life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ticia! Makes me happy that people are enjoying my recipes!

      Delete
  7. Ginny, you will be missed in our LC world. Thank you for all you have created and shared so willingly. May God bless you richly. It is wonderful to follow the path that is right for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you're leaving the blog up! I've enjoyed many of your recipes and have many of your recipes bookmarked to try :). Praying that God blesses you as you retire and follow his leading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much to all of you for your comments!! I will occassionally post a recipe I'm sure. Can't help it! Ha ha! Thanks so much for all your kind words! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ginny,

    So sorry to hear you're leaving the blog. But there couldn't be a better reason than being led by the Lord to other open doors and things tugging on your heart.

    I was wondering how your friend was. We recently(December) and unexpectedly lost a member of our family to the flu in Texas. Only 53 y/o. We are heartbroken. I have thought of and prayed for your friend. You are a good friend to have helped in the way you have.

    Love in Christ,
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Loretta! I'm so sorry to hear you lost your family member. We just never know how fast something can happen and we lose someone. My friend Brenda is making improvements and is in a convalescent center for therapy and is expected to eventually return to a normal life but it will come slowly and lots of patience and hard work.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your kind reply. So happy to hear about your friend. So often these things do not turn out well at all. Sure she must be grateful and love you deeply for how you have served her in sacrificial love. <3

      Delete
  11. Ginny, we will miss your contributions so much. You have so many talents, besides cooking and baking for special diets. You know where I am (gmail), so if ever you need an ear, I am there. I pray that you find God's will for the next exciting chapter in your life; sounds intriguing. It's amazing what a wonderful thing you did with your "little ones" that you took care of and taught.

    Loretta, I am so sorry. That's incredibly sad and so unexpected. The pain will pass, but most times one has to work through it. Keep that family member alive in your garden of sweet memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! You've been a blessing in my life and I'm thankful for your friendship! :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Jennifer! So kind of you to comment. I just saw this today, Feb. 19. We are working through it. Some days harder than others. God is comforting us. <3

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...